Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Cell phone issues

Well got back the take home that was boring me to death when I was in ATL.Got a B, coulda done better but a B is good enough for me as it maintains my standards.Anyway I have realised that I have to change my cell phone account from pre to post paid.The rates for pre paid are killing me.I just spent $20 on credit in 3 days.It is because most people here are on post paid so they have lots of minutes to burn J called me the other day and talked like for almost an hour.I think I will just opt for the cheapest plan ie $20 as I do not need as many hours as most people.Back home my conversations were like this,
"me:uko wapi? pal:I am at Zeno's me:sawa, give me 5 minutes"
or
"me:Hi gal:Hi!me:How are you? gal:I am fine me:I have not seen you in some time, I am going for coffee at Dorman's.Why don't you join me on Thu afte at 2? gal:That sounds fine I will be there me:Later then"
and that is how at times my credit used to expire.Then the early days of Safaricom when sms used to be half price after 8pm I used to reply the pressing messages immediately then stockpile the rest to 8.05pm then send them.Those were the days when there was no scratch card for 100/= so if you were broke you had to stretch your credo as far as possible.Don't let me get started about flashing, that is another thread altogether!But here it is a different story just pick what works for you and you are good to go after you sign your soul away for one or two years depending on what provider you had chosen.

2 comments:

Spidey/Tato said...

there was nothin like stretching that 250credit for a month. yaani operating on flashin...remember..how kencell guys used to ringa with their free 3 seconds. a buddy of mine called me like that 4times bila knowing they started deductin and lost a clean 160...ha ha ha

Milonare said...

i maintain my safcom line in SA to allow sms chats with significant people back home...

These guys tempt you with post-paid by giving you the funkiest cells ever... Im soooo tempted tio change to postp just to get me a nifty nokia or somthin...

You used to do Zeno's... Im sure we must have bumped into each other some time then...

What were you doing at Dormans at 2??? Jobo was meant to be on then ama???