Monday, October 14, 2013

Boxes.....















I went to the zoo a few weeks back. I watched the whole show but part of it stuck with me. The different animal shows, where the animals performed tricks with the motivation of the whip or treats, after which they were sent back to their cages.

As a person of color it got me to thinking how we are not so different. Society puts us in boxes, when we try to break out of those boxes we get pushed back in but if we stay in our boxes; we are rewarded for not shaking the status quo. Society creates a certain image of us, sadly some of us internalize that image and help those who create that image maintain that image.

I refuse to fit in anyone's box, I choose to either live free or create my own box.........

1 comment:

Esther said...

How true? define your own self and live in your own space