Thursday, May 24, 2007

There's Only One Day Left!

This video actually got some mention on one of my favourite TV shows, The Soup. I watched the whole video today and I actually empathized with the shame the ottoman felt after these boys humped the living daylights out of it. Damn! At least when I had dogs they all wouldn't hump the same visitor's leg!

Is it me or has any of you noticed that sleep becomes sweeter when you actually have something to do? When I was just bumming earlier this year, I would go days with minimal sleep but now that I am out and about I find myself every morning wishing that I had just one extra hour to sleep. But I am sure I have blogged about my love affair with naps and longer sleep periods, if there was a job where people were payed to take naps I wouldn't waste a minute thinking it over.

When it comes to relationships, you all know that I have the finesse of a bull in a china shop so I need the advice of smarter people out there. I was talking with this gal pal of mine and I believe that when it comes to a relationship, their should be your time, my time and our time. This means that other than work you should have some time on your own where you pretty much handle your own business and hang out with your own pals as do I and then we have our time, time that is for us and us alone. But on the other hand my pal said that with her old boyfriend (whom she never shuts up about) they used to do everything together and that is how it should be. I do know that every relationship has it's own dynamic but even so, if I was with my chic every other minute I would get tired of her real soon, real fast! Anyway I guess that is why I prefer remaining single.

In soccer news AC Milan won the Champion's League over my beloved Liverpool. The match wasn't on tv so I will have to wait till the weekend to watch it but I give full marks to AC Milan, they are a good side and deserved the win.

In parting, I read about how Mungiki adherents have been beheading matatu touts. Frankly I am disgusted at how brazen the Mungiki are becoming with their actions and how the government seems to be doing as little as possible to stem the growth of this organisation. It is only a matter of time before the Police even stop going through the motions. I don't blame the Police because even though they do have some bad apples within, those who are willing to do the job are usually under paid and under equipped; while on the other hand the Mungiki wield automatic weapons and seem to have an endless money pit to bail out their cronies. The thought of going to sleep and waking up sans head does not sit very well with me. I guess this is the moment that I am supposed to shrug and say, " ni hivyo tu"

19 comments:

ndungu said...

oh hell! am i first here ?

egm said...

But wouldn't it be a hilariously cruel twist of fate if the moment you signed on to do the nap job you turned insomniac?

Iwaya said...

Milan did not just beat Liverpool. Milan WHUPPED their ass!

Half 'n' half said...

Its soo true when you have to wake up very very early suddenly the sleep becomes sweet!

Ati waking up sans the head! LOL but I guess this mungiki crap is NOT FUNNY!

he he he he he he! atleast you reached the finals! ROTF! even the ref did not see the need to finish the added time! He he he

Unknown said...

The Mungiki storo is just too damn scary and it pisses me off that there are people who see the need for that bunch of snuff sniffing thugs.
I have no love for AC Milan and just a bit of respect for Liverpool but at least they tried Kidogo.

Anonymous said...

Came to hug you pole over the loss.

Acolyte said...

@ ndugu
Congrats!
@ egm
Shudders! That would be really really sad!
@ iwaya
I wouldnt say so in this case, Liverpool just didnt take their chances.
@ half n half
Yes the mungiki situation is sad. I guess there will always be the next CL final to look forward to.
@ kirima
Yes I feel you, it is sad there are those in power who are helping out this bunch of thugs.
@ mocha
Thank you, sniff sniff.

Anonymous said...

let me tell you the truth. We (Liverpool) simply were unlucky last nite. nothing more, nothing less. even critics accepted we outplayed AC Milan. just nature of the game that we lost. no shame in that. pity though

R said...

The relationship thing, people are different. I'm like you, I need, must have, cannot live without, me time. Otherwise, you won't like me very much. Plus it's depth of interaction not length of interaction that sweetens my cup of coffee.

Some people on the other hand don't need their me time. They want to spend as much time as possible in the company of their beloved.

I think this kind of difference can make or break a relationship. But that's just me.

Also, I've been trying to write a post about the Mungiki for some days now and it's all just choked in my throat. It's crazy business this, it really is.

Ah, as for Champions League... pole. There's always next time.

Anonymous said...

wacha wewe iwaya, we jaribud. we played (not our) hearts out like mlevi said, bahati tu mbaya. but seriously there was no way milan were gona let us have it easy.

relationships, eish...catch me on the bilaz train if you want more advice on how to stay on it. even when it's 'us time' i still want 'me time'.

mungiki vibe scares the hell out of me...not coz of what they can do to me, it's what the public can do to me. coz of my hair i have to walk everywhere with my job ID kama kipande during colonialism...

Unknown said...

ole wako pole sana my team won better luck next time. as for the mungiki's i feel you sana. i wish there was something better the gova could do

Udi said...

yenyewe u live in the boondooks if they didnt show the game huko. Game was on ESPN2. And people like me decided not to tape it. I hepad jobo to come and watch it live. The game itself wasnt that exciting. Liverpool played a better game but luck wasnt on their side.

as for Mungiki, I am waiting for them to Kill Michuki's kids so that he can finally view the threat as being serious.

Tweety said...

Boring, boring game, but my team lost and i feel a bit hollow....next time (and there'll be one) we'll take them Romans to school.

Anonymous said...

I agree, couples need to learn to give each other some space. I have a male friend who is against this. According to him, if the girlfriend asks for space/time alone/time with the girls, he thinks he has done something wrong and sees it as some sort of rejection.

Mungiki like the mafia is an organised crime gang that has been left unchecked and allowed to thrive for too long, maybe whatever the government does will be too little too late?

phassie said...

We all need some "me" time, whether we are in a relationship or single. Time to re-focus on where we have lost track.

Mungiki is a sad affair. I pray for everyone back home.

jm said...

I cannot help but smile ... reading the agony ya watu wa Liverpool. That loss was very important for football. It will teach teams that they should:

a) compete on both domestic and continental fronts
b) play good football

It was a moral victory, if you may ...

AC Milan had points deducted, etc so they were really not gunning for the league ... one cannot also argue with their brand of football ...

Liverpool must do better to give theie mashabiki value for all 'o' that loyalty ala Man United ...

Anonymous said...

Since the only thing my team has won is a new stadium, i'm not too saddened by Liverpool's loss.

Anonymous said...

Maze that ottoman saw more action than Athens!!

mollyy said...

Its better to have me time and us time in any relationship.Problem with my man is we never have us time..we are never together...so i went with pals to watch the liverpool game and i called him later.He texts to say he was very disappointed in me.Told him i got disappointed long ago...so i have all the me time in the world.Quite a relief