Saturday, May 07, 2005

Thoughts

I am really bored right now but hey I decided that I should be more consistent with my blogging.If not I will end up doing it less and less and hey a day will come no more blog.
Anyway have you ever wondered about Kenyans fascination with all that is foreign?But it is much less then it was some time before as we are listening to alot of local music now but we are not buying much of it, answer to that being in one of my earlier posts.
But I did meet some chic someday who was going on about how romantic Swedish men are, it got me to thinking whether there was an official romance school over there.Or this other guy who was going on about how every apartment building in the states has free washing machines for the tenants.I could go on about the many other fallacies I have heard about life overseas.Well the thing is that people have to know is that when you get out there is that unlike over here the governments over there take care of their own.So unless you have ad skills you have to start from the bottom assuming that is you finish school as many Kenyans when they go abroad esp the states find it next to impossible to balance school and work so you end up working one sem and reading the next.In the long term the hours pile up and your visa is almost at an end.so what to do if your lucky you get married and get residence,get a work permit or worst case scenario your visa is over and you have to go underground,condemned to doing menial jobs and hiding from the cops as many africans in the States are doing now.But what to do when you do not have much going for you back home?Anyway just thought I would let my fingers take a walk on the keyboard later ya'll!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL@ washing machines being free?? air you use to put in your tires or fill up a ball is not even free...whats with kenyans and painting this rosy picture about life here...DISGUSTING be accurate quit fronting

Anonymous said...

I sure as hell ain't fronting.You would be surprised the comments I have heard from unenlightened Kenyans about states.Many see it as their land of milk and honey.Sure it is not all good but it is also not all suffering.So ya'll blogging from there let them know east or west home is best.

Anonymous said...

lol acolyte i was not saying you were..it was meant for those here who do that. Yes sir and you have it dead on Home is best