Sunday, November 20, 2005

ABANDON HOPE ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE ....

Today there were some very sawa horror and supernatural movies on TNT this morning.For the better part of the day till like 2 pm in the afternoon I just watched movie after movie.Now I know how Nick feels when he becomes part and parcel of his couch the whole day.But alas all good things have to come to an end, there was laundry to be done and papers to be written.I was kinda mumbling about doing laundry and to think there was a time I used to have to handwash my clothes.Anyway when I hibernate for long periods like I did today I tend to find things that interested me in the past but I had forgot about.Like this:
I am the way into the City of Woe.
I am the way to a foresaken people.
I am the way into eternal sorrow.
Sacred justice moved my architect.
I was raised here by the divine omnipotence,
primordial love and ultimate intellect.
Only those elements time cannot wear were
made before me and beyond time I stand.
ABANDON HOPE ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE

No this isnt anything from my wonderful mind.It is the supposed inscription at the entrance to Hell.It is an excerpt from The Divine Comedy,an epic poem written by Dante in the early fourteenth century, describing the author's journey through the afterlife. It has three parts, each of which is concerned with one of the three divisions of the world beyond: the Inferno (hell), the Purgatorio (purgatory), and the Paradiso (heaven).
So there!Don't go around saying that you don't learn anything by visiting my blog!
I was just passing by one of my other favourite blogs and I came by this funny entry:

Women Just Keep Talking and Talking and Talking...

They never shut up, unless you tell them, in which, they start crying and say you're mean and need to go to anger management. I don't know any woman that doesn't stop talking. Sometimes, I think you could save a lot of fuel when filling those hot air balloons by just placing a woman underneath it and letting her talk. It is does not matter what type of woman - old or young, foreign or domestic, they all never shut up. I can actually count the number of words I say in my conversations with women, however, I lose track of the number of words they say.
¶ 5:30 PM


Please note that the comments and views expressed in the excerpt above are not those of this blog, writer and affiliated companies/coporations.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, ati a disclaimer... :-) You know you put it there coz you agree with the writer right?

Well, I do agree some women can go on and on; but not all talk that much. That dude was prolly just tired of his chatterbox of a gf when he wrote that and just had to let it all out.

Acolyte said...

@ Tee J
No comment!Yes it seems he had something to let out but it was so so funny!!

Anonymous said...

that dude needs to know some real women- now I probably talk too much (shut up Msanii) but if you tell me to shut up- I won't cry... I might just punch you in the face and keep on talking- but crying- not in my vocabulary

Anonymous said...

Some of the women I love most are talking but when they begin to dot I use Acolyte ability #2421.Drown out the voice, look at her and say "hmmmmm. oh, ah, ok, you're not serious and are you sure?" at appropriate intervals!LOL @ punch you in the face and keep on talking.

Spidey/Tato said...

-welcome to the couch brotherhood my friend!
-we all know that XX chromosome codes for the "dont stop till u get enough yap/yack, gum flapping, motor rotor mouth attack...

Anonymous said...

A very quite woman can't be my friend. A well-spoken woman that engages brain before mouth is a keepsake. A well-spoken woman that can keep quiet when needed & also realizes that I too become a real chatty muhf&*^ when I haven't slept enough...and can laugh at me telling to shut the hell up while am busy chatting her is one woman after my heart.
Just my $0.02

Anonymous said...

@ Poi
All will be revealed in due time my friend....
@ Nick
It was good to join your clique for one day.Yes women just love to talk and talk and talk.Reminds me if a chic tells you "we need to talk"they're aint no talkin you gone be doin son!
@ Akiey
Do you have that woman's number?

Milonare said...

hehehe

Just hi and I was here


Im doing soooooo pooooorrllly...

Anonymous said...

I hope you pop breath mints in between.

Chunga Mdomo usinuke