Wednesday, March 22, 2006

True Friends


Chinese character for harp

A long time ago in China there were two friends, one who played the harp skilfully and one who listen skillfully.

When the one played or sang about a mountain, the other would say: "I can see the mountain before us."

When the one played about water, the listener would exclaim: "Here is the running stream!"

But the listener fell sick and died. The first friend cut the strings of his harp and never played again. Since that time the cutting of harp strings has always been a sign of intimate friendship.

May the Universe send me friends like these...

10 comments:

CiikuMrsBabes said...

Hey Aco..... is this what in KBW would be considered an emotional post???? *wink*

But on the real, I too.. want a friend[s] like that...... ... *sigh*.....

spicebear said...

aaaaaaw ...

here's to many more and even mushier posts from aco :-D

Anonymous said...

@ movie buff
Yes you could say that this is a mushy post.
@ spicebear
once in a while it's not bad for me to share my soft side.
@ mutumia
Trust you to put a damper on the fuzzy mood!:D

KenyanMusings said...

Girlie post, girlie post!**said in wedgie! wegdie! tune**

Hi. We all wish for such friends.....the yin yang quest. But where does one get a harp from huh?

Good luck with it. LOL@ Mutumia and ipod....

Eerrrm, so wanna cut some harp strings sometime?

Anonymous said...

And may you receive them Aco

LOL also at Muts IPOD LOL

Anonymous said...

Nice - someone who would do anything for someone...

Bee said...

Aco since you and Milo are already such good buddies I suggest that you get a harp and KBW can witness your cutting of the harp strings :)

Anonymous said...

@ kenyanmusings
I wouldnt say its a girlie post!Just deep and insightful!I guess there are other metaphors for harps in our lives but I think your local music store would have some.I have no strings to cut at the moment.
@ milo
Thanks!
@ guess
good friends are hard to find!

kritik said...

what happened to the harp?

Anonymous said...

@ kritik
how do I answer that one?