Blogging is alot like sex in many ways
- Some people like to make the fact that they do it public while some others do it undercover and deny the fact that we do it all.
-Some people like to do it by themselves while others like to do it as a group.
- Some people can do it more than once a day while others do it once a week.
- The first time is never the same for everyone.
- You can do it for money or just for the love of it.
- Some people take forever to get it done while some people can do it in minutes
- You can teach yourself or get someone to teach you.
- We all have our own way of doing it.
- Some people think they are really good at it when they really suck at it.
- Some people look really skilled when you look at their blogs but when you really sink your teeth into it they are all talk and no action/content.
- Some people pretend to be gentlemen on their blogs when they are really sick freaks in real life.
- You can go to jail for doing it. It is banned in some countries too!
- Some people do it for fun while others see it as their calling in life.
I could go on and on, but I'll let ya'll add some other analogies in the comments section. I have been reflecting lately and I have realised that a blog is like a sexual partner (yes being on the b-train kinda shifted my perspective), you see when you start blogging it is an exciting process. You can't keep your hands of your blog, you want to feel it all over and discover new things, make it look better, read better and make it an enjoyable experience for all who visit. But over time much like a sexual partner, the faults you overlooked due to your earlier euphoria become glaringly apparent, other blogs begin to look/read better than yours, you begin to wonder how another blog hosting service would feel, you so want to leave but you have this regular blog that you have become so accustomed to that you don't know how other blogs/ blog hosts/ blog communities will treat you. You want to go but you also want to stay because better the devil you know than the angel you don't.
Ps: I'm not contemplating stopping blogging even though I'm on semi-hiatus; I'm just considering leaving blogger..........
Oppa Kenyan Style
1 day ago