Monday, November 28, 2005

Another interesting night

On Saturday night I had decided to spend the night watching cable but some old pals of my small brother wanted him to go for one of the Kenyan bashes going on so he invited me to come too.Anyway the club where the bash was being held was some way off like a one hour drive away.Here due to the smoothness of the roads and the fast flow of traffic a one hour drive means that the place that you are going to is some way off.Anyway since we left home late we got there at midnight.
With the mass of humanity that I saw I found it amazing that there are so many Kenyans in Georgia.The joint was so full that we couldnt get in and the police had come to tell them to shut down the joint at 2am so that nothing could go wrong.Yes you could say that many of the people at the bash were from other states which could be true but visitors were still a minority that and the fact that there was a parralell bash going on somewhere else so that meant that there were even more Kenyans in town.
Anyway what happened is that since we couldnt get in we managed to get fliers for the after party.The directions didnt seem clear so what we did is that we followed my bro's pals ride as they followed someone else.As the guide sped off it seemed that he did not know where he was going as it seemed that we were going the opposite direction of where we were meant to be.To make things worse the guys we were following lost him.So what we decided to do was to look for the nearest highway that would put us back on the right track and this we would do by following my bro's pals.After driving for almost an hour what happened is that my bro took an exit by mistake.So we had lost the other guys and were hopelessly lost in the outskirts of Atlanta.To be continued.......

2 comments:

akiey said...

ATL itself has countless Kenyans & having trailer loads of Kenyans pouring in from other states only makes the situation more confusing.

I can relate to your Highway/Freeway situation of being part of a speeding convoy and feeling like the blind are beind led by the blind. It's happened to me & my pals in Columbus,OH, Chi-Town & ofcourse that huge arse ATL of yours,LOL!
Secret of the game is to remain in constant touch via cellphone such that the 1st car's front passenger is talking with 2nd car's front passenger & so on & so forth so that when the first one exits the rest follow suite even if separated by a mile. Anyway, come give us the sequel, sounds interesting....!

Anonymous said...

@ akiey
I jumped from too many jungus to too many kenyans in a couple of days.I usually dont do the convoy thing I would rather have the directions first hand.When i buy my first car here one word...GPS!