Saturday, December 03, 2005

Work continues

In one of my classes we were given half the exam as a take home and the other half we would do in class.So the prof asked how we wanted the two to be graded, I campaigned that each should count for 50% ie the take home 50% and the in class exam 50%.Did the rest of the class vote with me?Oh no they didn't most of them decided to go for 60% take home and 40% in class exam.Guess what!The take home portion is just one question that is as hard as hell!Dumbasess.Anyway as I struggle with that and my other take home exam here are some interesting facts:
10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Kiss Anyone
Except Your Dog


1.More than 100,000,000 microscopic critters live in a human mouth.
2.Bacteria hang out there.
3.Fungus grows in the oral cavity.
4.Mouths have viruses that may cause disease.
5.The white blood cells from another person's spit will attack in your mouth.
6.Little leftover bits of food will go into your mouth.
7.Everyone's spit contains a little bit of urine from their glands.
8.Yellow teeth tartar is sickening.
9.Because the nose drips into the back of the mouth, you may get nose muscus mixed with a kiss.
10.Dog mouths contain many enzymes for fighting infections.
Stick to kissing your dog.

Did you know..............
That the smell of onion and garlic breath does not come from the mouth, but from the lungs. The smelly part of onions and garlic gets into your blood, and when the smelly blood reaches your lungs, you breathe out flavoured gas.

Owls have no teeth, so they swallow their meals (mice for instance) whole, fur, bones and all. Several hours later, they spew up a bundle of fur,feathers, teeth, claws, and bones, called an owl pellet.

During the Middle Ages, bathing was not in style. Not having to bathe was a sign of wealth. Many rich people bragged about avoiding the bath waters. One Englishman did not take the plunge for 13 years. This didn't mean that people didn't sweat or stink. People covered up their stench with perfumes, oils, and spices. A stinky time was had by all.

Back to the grindstone then.....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I maintain an eeeewwww factor of 103, I have to say that "Owls have no teeth, so they swallow their meals (mice for instance) whole, fur, bones and all. Several hours later, they spew up a bundle of fur,feathers, teeth, claws, and bones, called an owl pellet." was the laugh out loud moment for me. And yes, I read the whole thing before commenting so there all ye... so and so's

Where is Msanii (looking around with a glint in eye)

spicebear said...

13 years ... jeez! FYI: the tradition of a bride carrying flowers originated in medivial europe - most weddings were held in the summer and this was waaay after the (apparently optional) annual spring bath so the posies helped camouflage the smell. eek! dude, some scientific facts should be kept away from the general public - urine and mucus ... i definately didn't need to know that.

Spidey/Tato said...

lol thanks to u i will look for another job. LMAO

Anonymous said...

DAMN! why did you have to give to put up those 10 reasons up in there?! WHY?

See, thing is I love to kiss; I know this is unfair but, it's a big deal to me and if a guy that I'm attracted can't kiss, I'm done! I'm so gone. Some dudes just need lessons. Don't lick my lips, swallow your own dogone saliva, don't bite my tongue...those are just a few totally unforgivable turnoffs I'll give for now.

Acolyte said...

@ guess
Msanii's weekends are for other things other then commenting.
@ spicebear
hee hee hee had to share
@ nick
you have a job???????
@ Tee J
I know that i have never violated any of those points but how about you give me a practical about what a good kiss is like ; D?

Spidey/Tato said...

weh i thought its msanii who didnt have a job and a clue????

Acolyte said...

@ nick
seems i have been slow on the uptake.Just remembered that you work in the dental industry.....DOH!!!!

Prousette said...

Why did I have to read this, it is pretty important for me too that XY knows how to kiss and well too...;why on earth would I want to kiss a dog I cannot even keep one as a pet leave alone be a kissing acquaintance.