Tuesday, October 25, 2005

8 blogs I hate

I was looking at the vote results on the poll that I put up regarding whether or no I should share about the blogs that irritate me the most.Well what I have decided to do is to generalise the list as it would not be very nice for me to ingilia someone just because I do not like what I have learned about them through their blog,boring content or many other factors when they have spent loads of time and have had to convince themselves to do it.But I will give a broad list of what pisses me of in blogs and not who, after you had drooled after reading the title hahahaha!
1.When someone posts only once in their blog.Why start the damn thing then?This is different from someone who has gone on a hiatus.
2.Picture book blogs.I have nothing against pictures but when your blog is all pics and minimal content that doesnt work for me.
3.Story blogs.Yes it is good to tell stories but I don't have the time to start reading the story from 3 months back.I like being able to jump in immediately and know what is going on
4.Political blogs.One merely has to go to a bar in nairobi west and listen to zacks talking to learn that everyone knows how to run Kenya.Please leave it out of the cyberworld, unless you are doing more then talking!
5.Bad templates.I have seen some templates out there that would give a blind man a headache.If you cant find a good template please just stick with the ones that blogger gave you.
6.Overly complex blogs.There are some blogs where the index page beautiful but so complex that you have to click all the icons to find the way in.Keep it cool but simple some people are not as patient as me.
7.Swahili sanifu blogs.don't get me wrong, I love swahili.But I find it very hard to read lots of swahili..remember the swa vct ads that featured folks like Reddykyulass and Mercy Myra?Those ads were in swa sanifu and it used to take me quite some time to get through them.At least me, there was a pal of mine who looked at one for kidu 10 mins and gitched jack!But keep it up we need you!
So pole to any of you out there who were waiting to see beef start.It aint going to happen.Damn this was a dry post.I guess its one of those days

15 comments:

akiey said...

-I say this without shame, fear, or intimidation...In KBW, I hate bloggers who never visit fellow KB-Dubs' blogs even though the good peoples at KBW are regular visitors to said jeuri, mean bloggers. Why register with KBW if u aren't showing love to the rest??

-I feel you on ugly templates, or hard to navigate blogs, those are a real headache.
- I hate myself (trying to be fair,LOL!)when I can't get to reply to comments fast enough bcoz of work or life taking over blogging.
- Give me a long, but captivating & well-written post & we're kool (kudos to some of my fav KBW bloggers with really good long posts). I get lost in long, uninteresting posts.

Anonymous said...

@akiey...he he he @Jeuri been a minute since i heard that word.

Anonymous said...

@ akiey
I agree with you 100%!And I must admit that if someone is haphazard in how they update their blog I dont visit it much as u get used to seeing the same page over and over.

Anonymous said...

Even though I know I might be somewhere in there (ti hi hi hi) I must say that I hate when blogging becomes a chore. This is not a comment on anything I just wanted to say that.

Lakini those blogs which have those silly pop-ups when you just open the page, ati "Do you love me?" WTF I don't know you from my garbage man!!!!

Spidey/Tato said...

@aco:knowing damn well i'm on that list am sorry..but i still want naming of names..ati Nick....hee hee hee
-i so hear u on politics which i avoid even on a social setting or at jobo...

@akiey:i hear u on bloggers who dont comment and u know damn well they were on ur blog if u follow ur stats proxies...what does a bruda need to do to get some love?
@Ms K: lol "do u loveme?" ha ha ha

Acolyte said...

@ wangari
I feel you on that, sometimes there is nuthin you can say esp for me when it comes to poem blogs.
@ mutumia
blogging can get addictive.there was a time that i couldnt blog to save my life.But once when i found myself blogging twice a day I new it was time for a break.which i do occasionaly.ama quit jobo to blog!tee hee hee

Milonare said...

Wewe Aco

That was a list of 7! And you had promised to name names!! Thats what we voted for. Ebu do like that!!! Ama you are scared of having to sleep wit a rungu and nyahunyo?

Be real my guy... If you have nuthin to say at least acknwledge having been there... I almost gave up blogging when I started coz of zero comments. Nowadays I make a point of leaving a comment even if its a "Nuthin to say now, will be back when I can..." Usually ends up that I cant but at least they know pitiad... Ama?

Anonymous said...

@milo
Counting has become really hard for me lately I dunno why?You think you sukumad for long bila comments?You should take a look at my archives.yaani i used to blog for myself!

Anonymous said...

Heres my two cents.

correct me if Im wrong but

1. you have beef with bloggers who dont blog daily.

I have read a couple of blogs (and I really dont like this whole blog thing... waste of "e-saliva")

And I normally wonder why they blog daily. On top of that people hardly EVER leave comments so you wonder who this guy is targeting???

I would rather you blog 2/3 times a week and have comments to your blogs than you blogging everday and noone makes comments.

2. another issue you have is with people not leaving comments. I try to be civil so if I think you blog is crap I just leave and dont visit again. (do you have issues with people like me ama with regular guys who dont blog)

Unless you want me to tell you to STFU. I just leave and dont come back.

Just my two cents.

Thanks

Acolyte said...

@ Anon
I don't expect ppl to blog daily in fact some of the best blogs are those that aren't updated daily ie roomthinker.What I like is consistence ie if you are monthly stay monthly instead of becoming quarterly then going back to monthly.I cant keep up as I have other things to do then read blogs.
I too dont think that comments are a must but as you can see other bloggers disagree with me.
Thanks for the comments anyhow

Msanii_XL said...

ANON is there any reason you have no handle? ama its "safer" for you that way? *smh*

Adrian said...

in a situation like this where my opinion has already been stated a few times, i normally wouldn't say a thing.

but... i'm also one of those guys who don't leave a comment if i don't have anything intelligent to say. that is the case when my view has already come up a few times or when i can't relate to a post or give it any "added value" with my comment. (pole milo, just my opinion)

the whole issue of just saying "liking your blog" or "just passing by" makes me think that that person possibly didn't even read my post, but is just making sure to leave his/her blog around so as to get more hits.

i'm with akiey on trying to visit other KBW blogs. but manze there are many...

Anonymous said...

OMG! Yani after campaigning like that I missed this! I don't know how that happened.

I know this is coming to you late as fcuk, and u probably wont even see this untill ages later when browsing your archives, but, I have to say thanx for indulging(sp?)the banana camp...;-)

Anonymous said...

I aim to please....

Unknown said...

i blog when i feel a release to do so and as for the stories in some blogs....well i cannot help but say that some bloggers just want to do so.

p.s thanks for stopping by my blog.