Tuesday, November 08, 2005

France and other issues

I wanted to comment on the riots in France but at the moment my brain isn't feeling up to the task of disseminating the failed French intergration system and how succesive leaders turned a blind eye as chaos began to forment within their midst.I would have commented about how smug the French were when they pointed out the marginalisation of black people that was made plain by Hurricane Katerina.I would also point out how the French government never bothered upgrading the neighbourhoods that immigrant populations lived in resulting in them slowly turning into ghettos.I also won't point out the way the police in no way changed to reflect the changing ethnic nature of the country and how many policemen viewed immigrants as a menace and in many cases subjected them to uneccesary harassment and that is why the two dead boys ran.Anyway I would notice that the French need to treat the cause of the rioting and not treat it as a symptom.
Good thing that I didnt have to think about that and write it down.For the Kenyan ladies in the diaspora I am going to put up a poll.I will need some information from ya'll about your opinion of Kenyan men out there.Seeing as I am a fresher and completely unspoiled, in fact I am virgin land.I have been talking to some Kenyan chics out here and in the U.K and I have gotten a wide range of opinions which I will not go into at this point in time.

9 comments:

Farmgal said...

I honestly dont get the french government. They had it coming and for along time. Hopefully they will sort the the root the domez!

I forgot to do a dance for being first

Anonymous said...

@ farmgal
One thing i have learned from history is that we learn nuthin from history.Human beings repeat the same mistakes over and over.They just change time,place and packaging.

Anonymous said...

@ mutumia
you remind me of my stats prof who could point out the many diff meanings that your question had so you could be as specific as possible!Well what i will be finding out is what kenyan chics out here and across the pond think of the kenyan guys around them and how the compare with the different men they have met (fill in all nationalities here).The good the bad etc.Hope I am clearer now.:D Good to know that kenyan dudes have at least one mama rooting for us!

Anonymous said...

@ beziq
wherever u @ ur information is more then welcome!

Guessaurus said...

Yes, I am agreeing with all the points you are not pointing out about the smug French and their riots.

As for kenyan men, hmm, let me try to unconfuse myself - what is the comparison for? Lifestyle, dating, education, etiquette, sex, ambition ... or just a human being per se?

Anonymous said...

@ guess
thanks for agreein' wit what i didnt point out!Well seems i should get this poll up asap!

irena said...

I'm glad the immigrants in France have finally taken to the street. The deplorable conditions they live in is just inhuman and I hope their counterparts in Italy and other European countries will follow suit. It is not too bad for us here in US I must say compared to those areas.
Mmm acolyte I dunno if I want to go public on what I think about Kenyan dudes in US..Woiii better ran for cover on this one . I have pages and pages of "Maoni yangu ya vijana wakenya amerika":-)

Anonymous said...

@ irena
let's see if any change will come from the riots or if the status quo shall be restored.Seems that many ladies in kbw have alot to say about the men folk out here!

Adrian said...

hope the situation in france cools down. in one of yesterday's papers, they compared a few european countries and their integration of foreigners.

britain came out on top.
germany, spain and italy didn't fair too well, though they seemed to be doing better than france.

as for switzerland; they concluded that such clashes were highly unlikely here. if at all, then probably in geneva. (some parts of geneva are very close to french parts where there has been some burning of cars...)