Friday, November 11, 2005

Order

Yesterday was painful for me!I was talking to some chics and they told me how they were making a quick dash to Walmart so as to buy stuff to make spanish omelette and samosas for a function.Since my fridge was empty I decided to tag along and get a few things.
So we check in and I pick the basics that I needed eg cereal,rice,heineken,apple juice etc.That took me less that half and hour.Do you know it took these chics almost 2 hours to get those things, I mean if it was a buffet being planned I would still be there now!What happened to in and out?Yes, I sound like a typical miroo at heart but that is how I am.
But it got me to thinking about my life.I think that orderliness and logic at some point are over prevelant in my life but unfortunately they havent fully extended to the state my bedroom.Most of the time before I do anything I think 2-3 steps ahead.When I do something most of the time I have weighed the consequences, if I can deal with them and how I can deal with them.I am not Mr Perfect but many times when something comes up I have plan A - C.There are times I have not wanted to do things especially those involving other ppl coz of a lack of plan B.It took me time to learn how to listen to people tell me their problems without chipping in with a solution.But thank God I am not alone, I was chatting to an old workmate/pal who is in the U.K and she tells me she has the same problem.Sometimes I wish for excitement and unpredictability in my life but at times it also comes with more problems then it is worth.We came to the conclusion that as long as the schedule is bearing fruit there is no need to fix what isnt broken.All I need to do is to spice up my life once in a while do something different, so on Monday I will cross at the first red light instead of the second!On a serious note I think that is why I am looking forward to Thanksgiving in ATL a change is in order.

9 comments:

Msanii_XL said...

*rolls in to the flag waving and cheering*

Bows

Acolyte said...

@ Msanii
Congrats!Seems nick and co. cant keep up wit you!

Farmgal said...

there is one rule for jamaaz - never go shopping with chics unless its a life and death situation. We like looking at everything ...twice or thrice!

Anonymous said...

@ farmgal
Point duly noted!

Anonymous said...

What is it with kenyan men and Heinekens?! Oops ma bad...I'll wait for the appropriate post..when is it coming anyway?..;)

True about women and shopping. When I get into a store my honest to God intentions are to go in and out in less than 30 mins coz I basically know what I'm going in for right?. That sh8 never happens e.g today I tokad jobo @ lunch hour and went to HomeGoods.(for those that have been to and love that store like I do, know that that was a bad idea). I knew what I wanted and where it was, so easy in and out, yes? No. Lemmie tell ya, I was there for like an hour and a half looking at things I knew I wouldn't get. I couldn't help it. Lets just say I took a two hour lunch break...:)

Anonymous said...

@ tee j
In my defence I liked heiniken even before I came here!I have come to the conclusion that women will always love to shop.The only stores i spend lots of time in are book stores so i can read the magazines for free otherwise elsewhere it's in and out!

Milonare said...

Dont want to be a recipient of rungus lakini seems to me this shopping thing mirrors how guys and chicks view er.. em.. ya.. that one...

For us guys its more in and out.. for them its....

Hehehehehe

Spidey/Tato said...

-damn msanii u seem to be i n a roll GADDAMN it

-ok a place i spend hours in is in the video lib: one the prob is i've watched alot ...and one NICK rarely makes a bad choice so its a quiet moment hata the owners know better than to throw in suggestions

-milo: hee hee hee..bila strings bila emotion

-i think its better bein predictable with ur own set of backup plans...the hypertension will get you when ur older not at this tender ripe age..

Anonymous said...

@ Milo
I feel on the in and out thing,but the other party must enjoy too!:D
@ nick
I think you are watchin movies on my behalf since i got here i think i have only watched one movie.lakini goin to the movies here is expe too!Oh back up plans do rock!
@ mutumia
usijali about heinieken we have to adopt a pint since there aint tusker up in here!But Corona comes in a smooth second!luckily i have not experienced the coupon shopper yet -phew!-