Thursday, June 19, 2008

Yet Another Day...........

The blogger's block continues, I'm sitting in front of the text box and nothing is coming to mind. Well the fountain had to stop flowing at one point in time. But meek meek tagged me with an 8 things meme. I usually don't do these but thought I would indulge them this time round.

8 Things That I Am Passionate About

1. Kenya
2. Soccer
3. Learning New Things
4. Mixed Martial Arts
5. Financial Independence
6. African Issues
7. Eastern Philosophy/ Religion
8. Healthy Living


8 Things I Would Like To Do Before I Die

1. Sky Dive
2. Deep Sea Dive
3. Have A 3some
4. Set Up A Successful Non Profit In Kenya
5. Make At Least $1,000,000
6. Kick someone hard in the ribs when they are down
7. Travel Around The World
8. Get some tattoos

8 Things I Say Alot

1. As long as it works for you
2. Kumeharibika
3. Things are narrow
4. That's your opinion
5. That's what I think but you can correct me if I'm wrong
6. Hodi
7. Pole
8. Ehe

8 Books I have Read Lately (still reading some of them)

1. Trading Options For Dummies
2. Technical Analysis Plain and Simple
3. Profit With Options (Essential Methods For Trading Success)
4. Auto Repair For Dummies
5. The Game
6. Heal Thyself for health and Longevity
7. The 8 Human Talents
8. Dreads

8 Movies I have Seen 8 Times (some I havent made to 8 times)

1. The Devil's Advocate
2. The Usual Suspects
3. The Matrix
4. Hard Boiled
5. 300
6. Enter The Dragon
7. Hero
8. The Lord Of The Rings (All 3)

3 People Who Should Do This

Archer
Mocha
Bomseh


I was reading this article about a Naijo dude getting his wife and property jacked from him by his wife and an MP (people say its Hon Raphael Wanjala). Much as I am not a supporter of property theft, the revelation that the Nigerian's Kenyan wife of 10 years is 24 made me sympathise with him much less. How in the hell do you marry or court a girl who is 14 years old?! You have just stolen the girl's teenage years when she is meant to be growing up. Now wonder she went buckwild and decided to share their property with Hon Wanjala. I guess Karma can bite you when you least expect it.

Now another blithering idiot out there decides to shine an unwelcome light on Kenyans in the diaspora. I know the rule of law is innocent till proven guilty, so I shall let you read and come up with your own opinions.

Now let me ask a question to you rugby fans out there. Capital FM seem to be having some sort of competition on radio where people can win tickets for singing various rugby chants. One thing I have noticed is that the chants pretty much haven't changed from when I was in high school, and that was a long time back; people are still singing "Eloya" and other similar songs. My question is, aren't there any new chants coming up or do people lack innovation and motivation? It kind of reminds me of how I used to go for Rock at Carnivore on Wednesdays and hear the same songs over and over and over. I wouldn't have been shocked if the DJ had a mix tape at that point and would play it while hanging out with the club goers.

I had to share this interesting image below. This is the back of a courtesy bus that goes to a popular high end shopping district in Atlanta. Now my question is, if you get on the bus does the girl give you a free ride? And if she gets on top does she charge you $12.90? I'll see if I can catch that bus this weekend and give you an update. Nice weekend people!


14 comments:

ndungu said...

kwani watu bado wamelala huko kwenyu?

3 some, wish you luck.

When you say that you've watched The Matrix and LOTR eight times, thats a joke right...just say yes.. coz that would be so gay...

veri said...

..are you married yet?

Mwangi said...

Do you practice the mixed martial arts?

Acolyte said...

@ Ndungu
Peeps are gone for the weekend it seems.
Yes 3some will take some doing.
Well I is gay then, coz the action and battle scenes rock!
@ atis
Thank God No!
@ mwangi
I have done some martial arts but sadly am yet to go for MMA classes.

meek meek said...

you finally did it...gosh i waited! why would you want to kick someone... I guess i have watched the usual suspects quite a few times as well i forget. You guys have this place in ATL where you pay like $150 and they give you skydiving lessons and you get to sky dive.. you should look into it.

Shiko-Msa said...

Acolyte I don't think you have any bloggers block. The day it hits you wont even be able to come up with an article at all. sometimes it feels like you've actually forgotten the whole English language! I've not had this severe case but I've heard about it from reliable sources.

Devil's Advocate and The Usual Suspects I'd watch 8 times but the Matrix and Lord of the Rings no way. Not even a second time.

kumethuka yeah. I say that a lot too.

Tattoos - drop me a line I'll send you a nice design. wanjikuunlimited@gmail.com

gishungwa said...

Hodi LOL.

Intersting list, love the NGO idea we can talk on the side.

egm said...

What's with folks and not liking LOTR? That movie rocks big time! Okay, this from someone who saw each of them more than twice in the theatres, and also lined up to watch the extended editions of the first and second prior to showing the third, all on the same day. Maybe I need to see a doctor for this!

Acolyte said...

@ meek meek
A dude works on his own schedule ya know? I shall look into the skydiving thingie. thanks for the tip.
@ wanjiku
I pray it never gets that bad. Those 2 movies are classics I tell you.
I'll be sure to drop you a line when Im ready.
@ gish
I'll be sure to holla when funding and all else is on the verge.
@ egm
I think peeps typecast that movie as kawa nerd fare when in reality it is a classic piece of work as we both know.
I guess you and me both need to see a doc!

Anonymous said...

i couldnt help but look at that article about that kenyan guy. its sad wether he guilty or not. but why are those guys commening making i a race issue? honestly!

Anonymous said...

Interesting 8 things

I like a lot - "things are narrow"

3some good luck, work on it before its too late

Anonymous said...

i would love to get some tattoos too..

very very curious about a ride in that bus...waiting for the weekend to be over

Shiko-Msa said...

Bloggers block still biting?

Kenya's Dopest Chic said...

Wow this dude actually raped a disabled guy in the ass!!! now thats SAD