Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Acolyte Land!

Okay my mind is still kinda running on empty but I have some photos for ya'll from Acolyte Land!Enjoy....

The Acolyte must lubricate the brain over weekend to ensure optimal operations during the week!


This church is a 2 minute walk from my digs and I have never been to it!Oh the shame!


This church is across the road from my apartment complex and I have never been to it too but from the looks of it I dont regret it, looks like the kinda church where ppl handle snakes!

This is my apartment complex, my apartment is in the building that is on the far left, ground floor on the right; please call before you drop in!

This is the apartment complex that is adjascent to ours owned by the same company but more uptown, nuthin a broke ass grad student like me can afford.


This is one of my classmates, we share two courses, no this isn't dm in fact I should give her a cast name.Let's call her Lu.And yes she always looks high or half asleep.She says that for $20k she will marry an african man who wants to stay here as long as you dont consumate the marriage.So in my case she told me that I would have to pay $30k coz she thinks I will you know.....


Anyway those are just a few pics from Acolyte land!I will try and take some other pics tommorrow.At least that makes up for the fact that I my brain just don't wanna type too many words.Now off to watch Supernatural on the WB!!!

8 comments:

AfroFeminista said...

Very interesting, peek into your life. You're right, that sometimes photos say it all.

Those apartment blocks bring back an equal mixture of nostalgia and dread, for that sameness that there is to all things N.American - the houses,apartments, neighbourhoods ...

PS: does your classmate know you're using her photo online (eyebrow's raised?).

Adrian said...

wondering the same thing as afrofeminista about your classmate...

Prousette said...

the first church is really lovely pity you are not inclined to enter it .
Why does lu think you will want to ... ahem and charge only $10k more?

Anonymous said...

@ Afrofem and adrian
Yes my classmate knows that I am using her pic!Don't wanna be sued do I!
@ prousette
btw we were discussing that marriage for k in the spirit of fun so dont take it too seriously but please enlighten me at what the current rate is:D!

Anonymous said...

aco nice pics, whats the aversion to church? wait should'nt I be asking my self that?

Anonymous said...

@ Msanii
Imagine there is also a another church behind where I live!!!I guess I dont go coz I am spoilt for choice :D

Milonare said...

Hehehehe

An extra 10k for you??

Hehehehehe

I wont even ask why...

Nice haoz though!!

Anonymous said...

lol @ the church where folk handle snakes. I think Dateline or 20/20 (don't remember which) brought a story about those churches....ati letting the snakes bite them and all..if I remember right. Can you imagine some of the things that go on in Stato yani?!