Sunday, November 13, 2005

Anutha saturday

Yesterday afternoon I was suppossed to get a haircut coz my hair is getting a tad bit long.So as I was taking a stroll downtown I decided against it and decided to go to the store and get some things I had forgotten to buy when I was at Walmart.So in addition to the kawa milk and warus I saw that they had those pre-cooked pizzas that you pop into your microwave.I decided what they heck lemme try one!So I got home popped the thingie in the microwave heated it up.It looked really good when it was done.So I took a bit.DAMN!It tasted like a latex glove with cheese and some meat on it.Since it was small and me being the true mwafrika I was not seeing my cash goin to waste like that plus i think was stubborn enuff to think that the taste would improve.I finished the thing after a couple of rubbery bites.
I then decided to chill out and finish a novel I had gotten from the lib.Ngoja the stomach begins complaining.Thank God for Coke!Yes unless it is a major tumbo war Coke or alcohol come in handy for self medication.That and no food for an hour or two.I remember when I used to go see some relas whose food I thot was suspect, I used to meza actal before I get there plus a sachet of eno as soon as I got home, best head off trouble at the pass!!So order was restored.Why should I go to the store to buy food poisoning when i can do it for myself for less cash at home?

9 comments:

Nakeel said...

oooooooh pole Aco.. hope all is well and next time u wont run to do that...
Nice week

Prousette said...

Are we Fanyaring fujo here acolyte bila your permission.
LOL you can poison yourself for free at home.

Anonymous said...

@ mutumia
Congrats!Seems nick and milo are just plain slippin.
@ nakeel
in addition to being able to corrode metal coke can also clean your stomach!so i am great!
@ prou
feel free to share ur opinion as long as u ain't insulting me!

Anonymous said...

"Why should I go to the store to buy food poisoning when i can do it for myself for less cash at home?" - excellent Aco LOL

I do not buy pre-cooked food from the supermarket - who knows what they have put in that stuff, or how long it has been sitting there looking sad?

That should teach you to cook more Aco, that way you can poison yourself!

Acolyte said...

@ guess
Even in Kenya i never used to buy that kinda food guess i have learnt my lesson!Yea seems that i need to buy a cookbook for practice!
@ mutumia
seems that i now have to learn to read the labels.In Kenya they had our best interests at heart.Here it seems that they are out to kills us via obesity and chlorestorol

Farmgal said...

dont make me laugh ati you can poison yourself for free! heheheh
how does alchol take care of a bad tum? and coke, ai mimi sijawai sikia.

Anonymous said...

@ farmgal
In cases where it isnt a major upset I use those things to get rid of the nausea.I hate throwing up!Also who knows alcohol may kill the bacteria responsible?

Milonare said...

Dayum, dayum, dayum, I be slipping fr sure!!! Sh8t!!!

Lakini you guys shudnt hate on ready-to-eat ready-to-microwave food!!!

Thats wat I live on here having the ample cooking skills arsenal of Tea and Coffee...

Dont hate guys, dont hate....

Anonymous said...

@ milo
I guess that explains your build.You said you're like micky ragos or is it the michelin man coz that microwave food is way too fattening!