Monday, October 31, 2005

The road to hell is engraved with good intentions

Oh damn it's another Monday.I am already kinda pissed at myself as I have misplaced a half done book review.I thought that I had emailed it to myself yesterday evening as I was doing it but it just turns out that I had just mailed to myself an empty message.Aaaaargh!!!Oh well there is a chic pal of mine who has told me that she is becoming a Jehovah's witness.I found that kinda disturbing even more so after I did some research on the net but I was diplomatic and I told her that as long as it makes her happy it's ok.She told me to ask her some questions and it seems that she is still a fledgling and quite ignorant.So I told her that I would give her some time to read up then I would ask her the searing questions that need to be asked.
One thing that really gets to me is spiritual ignorance.Sometimes some of the most spiritually ignorant people are to be found in church.Don't get me wrong I am not saying that I am a know it all but too many people do stupid things without basing them on firm scriptural study and analysis.I have heard too many people say "pastor says.." without knowing what the bible says.I have met all sorts over the years, I have met staunch adherents to the health and wealth gospel.The ones who believe that if you are not rich and number one in all that you do that there is something wrong with your faith, deftly ignoring the fact that many people in the bible who did God's best work had little to their name; some of them portray Jesus as the Bill Gates of them days ie really rich.A friend of mine told me of a keisha that he went to where at a point in the night the pastor said "It is time for us to love one another,"thing is I don't know if he left immediately or later.Another pal told me how she went to a church in the UK and joined the worship team.Time for practice they were told to strip when they practiced so as to present themselves to God with no impurities.When I was doing web work I used to work for the church that at one point in time was rehabilitating langas/prostitutes, anyhow I was putting up their statement of beliefs and how the church is run.First of all scripture was twisted more then a pretzel at a bakery when it came to discipline their leader was beyond reproach, he had even quoted the scripture "touch not my prophets..."What this scripture meant was that God didn't want his prophets harmed it has nothing to do with them not being disciplined!I could go on and on with examples but what I think I am trying to get at is that if you don't research and know the spiritual path that you are taking there are many who are more then willing to take you down their own roads and you may find out the truth too late ie when you are committing suicide or destitute and penniless.
ps:due to public demand post archiving has gone back to weekly as oppossed to monthly format!

8 comments:

Milonare said...

sema bruh

Pole bout your paper. Hope yu find/found it..

I beleive that the church and worship is largely a unique and individual experience first, then a sharing and supporting community second. Unless you come right with the maker on an individual basis, things will neva work.

I love churches that equip me for the realities of Monday to Sunday rather than abstract, convoluted interpretations of scripture with messages of fear, doom and distraction...

Give me something to show me how to live well and right... Thats why i love the book of Proverbs...

Milonare said...

*destruction

Blogger requires spell, grammar etc checks uuuwwiiii

Guessaurus said...

@Milo - preach on brother! :)

Aco - yep, agree with you. I believe that the best relationship you can have with God is the one inside, not what other people are telling you. You can go to church and bible study till you turn blue, but if what you know is what others' say and not what you know and believe within yourself, you are doomed.

Anonymous said...

LMAO Mutumia you're such a mwenda!!!

Acolyte said...

@ mutumia
I can find out the name of the church for you!
@ Ms K
It too am laughing my ass off!

irena said...

Acolyte, I agree as well that the best relationship is between you and God .You can also enrich your spiritual self through intermingling teachings from various religions from Islam Christianity, Buddhism ,Hinduism et al and lead a happy and fulfilling life without ever belonging to one particular church.
Funny you wrote about religion and this week on Cnn and MSNBC, the two networks are showing different religious practices from exorcism to mormons etc and some are quite disturbing.

Milonare said...

Wewe Aco wacha!!

Even tho its ladies first how can you lenga my comment(s)... Kwani they were bila substance?? LOLOLOLOL

@mutumia
U, my dear, have won!!!!

@nursy
Come join me here at the non-Aco reply to comment corner... (((hug)))

You aint alone in this...

Anonymous said...

@ milo
you comment was so deep that if i answered i would be diluting it :D