Tuesday, November 01, 2005

So sue me!

Yesterday I decided to treat myself for a change as I was tired of cooking.I went to one of the joints near here and got myself some fries and chicken wings.The serving sizes in most places here are phenomenal.The wings that I got were a one pound serving and it is possible to get a 2 pound serving.Anyway that is the kind of food many people here eat at one sitting.I on the other hand ate that food in 2 sittings, half for lunch and the other half I have packed for lunch today.
Some people eat lots of food at one go, I can't.I am the kind of person who is always eating something, lots of little things here and there.If you want to frustrate me just put me in a house with no snacks.Even in high school I used to get busted for eating in class.I used to have a clique who we used to sit in the back of class and after break we would have a small pot-luck thing going.Anyway it also does help to eat like that as I dont put on much weight.Anyway enough about me and my eating habits.
I was looking at some old headlines and there was this one about some obese teens who were suing Mcdonalds for their condition.That really galls me.I would have understood if somehow the food had some drugs in it that compelled them to eat but that isn't how it was.They chose to eat that food and get the way they are, yet they want Mcdonalds to be held accountable for the fact that they chose not to exercise and eat healthy.Last I heard was that the case was thrown out.There are also the cases of people suing gun manufacturers.I usually dont side with the NRA coz they are a bunch of old white men who dont do much for people of color but I was happy when GWB passed a bill limiting the amount people could win from suing gun companies.I am sorry that your loved one took his own life but face it if he would have offed himself by hanging,locking himself in the garage turning on the car while passing a hose from the exhaust into the window of the car.What then would you sue the rope company for making ropes or the car company for making a car that lets out Carbon Monoxide?Yes there are times when suing is the appropriate thing to do but when people sue for every infraction against them we all lose because judges are stuck trying frivolus cases when they could be trying more important cases so the system ends up moving slower, you pay more taxes as more judges and courts are needed and the only people who have a ball are the lawyers.It pretty much sucks when you have to sign waivers when you are doing things with people.But I guess that's my rant for the day.

7 comments:

Milonare said...

Sema Bro

Yur like me. I eat like a bird... Nibble nibble here and there...

Its shocking how Im built like Mickey Ragos despite my eating habits lakini pengine its all the shaolin, jujitsu etc LOLOLOL

Here in SA I order the kiddies portion and never manage to finish it! Dayum!!!

The jamaas shud sue McDees if they say something is fat-free kumbe it was not... They shouldnt sue them for their ravenous appetites and non-exercising routine.. Im with you on that...

Anonymous said...

@ milo
Are you sure that its not the pints you drink that give you somethin extra?Well i agree with you that Mcdees should be sued if they lie about the food but not for ppl eating it willingly.Or fast food should have warning labels like cigarettes?

Msanii_XL said...

@Milo kiddies meal?? u are shame to the loony bin i'm hereby starting to petition a kick milo out, cause clearly you do not posses the qualities our memebers embody.

lol@ mickey ragos ..you know you lying.

when I throws down I throws down..i hate snacks, hate chips(crisps), i got tired of bicus.

Only hting I agree with dubya is putting CAP on the amount on money one can sue for

Farmgal said...

@milo you cant maliza kiddies meal? liar liar
kwani mcdee forces food down people's throats? aki I wish Iwas a judge. I know how quick I would be throwing out some cases!

Anonymous said...

@ msanixl
I can see that you are an old school type jamaa.No time for mchezo with food.I second you on Milo's expulsion!
@ famgal
I see you feel me on some of those cases.Its about time people took responsibility for their actions!

Milonare said...

Wacha wewe msanii and you know you saw my pic on my post some time back and commented about the way you wish you had big misuliz like mine!!!

Aco, Msanii and FGal... First come see the size of kiddie portions here in SA and then we revisit this expulsion vybe...

Guessaurus said...

Wey... hie everyone...who pulled the covers off me? And what is that I hear about Milo being kicked off loonie estate... oh no he isnt, he stays - you boys have to behave yourself. I will sit him with Msanii - he eats all of msanii's portions of snacks, and msanii has his plate of food for the main meals. Deal? - Sorted.

Now back to you Aco - People complaining about getting fat and suing fast food companies is a big joke - what is even more of a joke is the person who actually allows tax payers money to be wasted by giving such a case space - do these people want to tell us that they woke up one day after a meal and realised tht they looked like Milo yesterday and yokozuna the following day? tsk tsk.
*Do Not Disturb*- again :)