Sunday, October 30, 2005

Weekend

Saturday was different for me coz for a change instead of just hanging out in the digs and full time masomo there were several mpangos.The first plan was the MPA bbq for Public Admin majors and out profs. It was at the cabin that the school owns at one of the lakes here.There are several lakes out here in the county that I live in.So my jungu pal came over to pick me from my apartment in the afte and off we went.At first when we got there we talked to some of out jungu profs and had I had to do the usual fake smile and laugh to some dry jungu jokes.Oh well its part of the job.Anyway my advisor is an akataa mathee who is pretty nice so I went and talked to her a bit then went to talk to the rest of the people who did show up.Anyway a chic who I share a class with comes in with a young jamaa who I have not seen in one of my classes.So one of the akataa dudes there who is her pal asks her if that is her brother so she's like no, even though they did kind of look alike.Well the guy keeps to himself most of the time and even leaves to look at the view of the lake and stuff without the chic.So we ask the chic what the deal is.Turns out that is her jamaa and he is like 4 years younger the her.Wuuuuuiiiiii mgoja the disses began!Please note that I did not start nuthin up in there!Stuff like "does his mum know he's here?" of course the Acolyte couldn't be left out.I popped in with "Can he drive without you or is it against the law?"But this was all done in good nature and even our advisor was laughin' with us as we did so.Most of the people I met were pretty nice and easy going.I don't get to see many of my fellow grad students outside class as most of them work full time other then the ones who are grad assistants like me.Anyhow after schmoozing with the people for an hour or two we left.
My pal's parents own a very nice house at the lake with it's own liitle dock and my pal was celebrating his birthday.He dates a nice German chic and he is a good jamaa so they're pretty good company.Also some of the international contingent came over.These were the countries that were represented at the BBQ. Germany, China, Thailand, Spain, Kenya, Britain and the States. The only irritating part of the night was the fact that the beer provided was American and not European import like our good old Heiniken.Do you know how irritating it is to drink beer for 5 hours without getting tipsy?Oh well you cant have it all your way and since it was free beer it's all good!Now back to the grind!

6 comments:

Msanii_XL said...

or budwiser select?

Acolyte said...

Budweiser select is good for sobering up!

Milonare said...

Hihihih

Wacha tha dem and her Bogua (Mbugua)...

After Kenyan beer none other compares...

I feel yur pain bro, i feel it!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Haiya, what's with that grade one bile Classmate has decided to leta up in here???

Acolyte said...

@ Ms K
There are some ppl ( classmate ) who should just learn how to read before making comments.That whole storo was in such good nature mpaka the chic called me jana and we're still tight as thieves.Must have been one of those moronic akataas, punk couldnt even leave a link to his blog that's if je can write.At least KBW folk have IQ that's in triple digits unlike that bastard.Anyway lemme move on....