Wednesday, November 02, 2005

200 posts!!!!

Ooooh yeah baby!!!200 posts!!!C'mon people dance with me!!Anyway this is part 2 of today's earlier post about individual responsibilty.Well we got back our results for a test that we did last week that had a take home and an in class portion.This is the class that I may have mentioned where the lecturer talks more then teaching.He does so pretty fast so it is hard to know what to write and what to leave out.
Anyway so our papers come to us and I have gotten a B and Dm has gotten a C.Will provide a link to cast link later I am in a bit of a rush I want to go and watch Supernatural, I love shows about Creepy Crawlies!Anyway so what this chic does is to start bitching about the lecturer and how he teaches badly.Well he may not be the best in terms of lecturing but I will admit that he does know his stuff.But you see this mama usually poses in class and jots down a point or two most of the time while I on the other hand try to jot down what I can as fast as possible.This is the same chic who is always looking at her watch and starts twiddling ( does such a word exist? ) her keys when the lecturer goes over time.The test we did before this she got a better grade in 'coz I had done it earlier and tossed her some leakage but this time round it was every man, woman and child for themselves.In fact she did it before the rest of the class but didnt hook a brother up but I don't mind.Anyway after bitching about the lecturer she went to harangue him and she is suppossed to meet him some time during the week to discuss stuff.
This is the same chic who for another course we share and have to do reaction papers on the 9/11 commission report; reads only 15 pages out of the 120 that you are suppossed to.She wrote her reaction paper on those 15 pages only and is she wants to get a good grade.Oh and she has bitched about this prof too.The worst thing is that she is on proviosional admission so she cant get a C in any class of she will be tossed out of the program.But she refuses to put 110% into it, she's my good pal but what to do in such a situation?I mean at the end of the day if you pass or fail depends on you.She's a good pal and I wouldnt like her to gnash so ladies any suggestions on how I can tell her to shape up without sounding insensitive?Oh she has no major problems that are causing her not to put in 110% as far as I know.Thanks people.Yes Milo men too can give advice....

7 comments:

Milonare said...

Woohooo Aco..

Happy Silver/golden/diamond/platinum postaversary!!!

And I fikad kwanza!!

Milonare said...

Lemme take the advice-sakafu and thanks for asking Aco

Be real and tell her how it is... I usually cloak my directness with questions like "do you really think the lecturer is mbaya mboff? Why?"and then when she starts explaining I'd interject with an occassional question prodding her to re-evaluate her own short-comings...

But thats just me... Lets see wat others say!!!

Anonymous said...

@ milo
that's a really good strategy I must admit I will try it!Probo is that there are some ppl with such large egos that according to them they have no shortcomings..

Msanii_XL said...

200! wazi...

A shot of patron on me.

Soon or later your pal has to realise it always starts with her. She can't be heaping blame on all her proffs, you ar ein position that i don't envy..

ask mutumia for msema kweli she might help you.

@Milo..what up!!

Acolyte said...

@ msani
there was some point jana when i wanted to slap some sense into her literally but i decided to let it be.
I think mutumia can most def be of help!

Anonymous said...

@ mutumia
it's good to be at the 200 mark!A far cry from the days when i used to blog for myself.I think if the chance comes i will talk to her but i will limit it coz with mamas the thing is that when you try to solve their problems you become part of their problems.

Spidey/Tato said...

hey big ups to you...keep em coming