Thursday, November 03, 2005

What the ?!?!?!?!

There are some things that a chic tells you as a jamaa and you wonder what the f#@k?What am I suppossed to say?Anyway I ran into Lk in the library yesterday evening.Oh for all of you Lk is a new cast member.She's the chic that we were dissing coz of her Mbugua.So I start talking to her and she's telling me how much work she has to do and she's tired and also trying to sweet talk me into doing her paper for her.Why can't women want me for my body instead?DAMN!So she says, I guess it's because I'm pmsing.I am a jamaa what am I suppossed to say when you tell me this?To make things worse I am an old school Kenyan jamaa the kind that changes the channel when ads for feminine hygiene products come on!At that point in time I didnt know what to say so I did what any ordinary jamaa would do in such a situation.If you can't empathise offer a solution which was, I think a glass of wine or a massage would help.To which she was like, "I would go for those right now."PHEW!Akward situation averted, why do you women tell us things like this which we don't need to know?And worse yet can do nothing about?!Also for some reason or other just coz I flirt with her she thinks I'm a freak.Me a freak no way!The freaky people are the ones who you least suspect ie those ladies for mother's union in church or your distinguished looking boss.
I dont know if I have mentioned this before but here in uni Kenyans are the largest african population ( 7 or so ) but the way we act you wouldnt know it.Everyone does her/his own thing.Well my small sis also goes to school here but she commutes as she lives near ATL with my other sis.The fact that she has a car and lives near ATL has another Kenyan chic here all up in her business most of the time.This chic insists on being chummy with my small sis and my small sis feels jack!But she has to be nice and keep the peace.So last week when my sis came to school I asked her if she had gone clubbing, this is coz she loves going to clubs in the Buckhead area of ATL.So as she was talking to me the room mate of the Kenyan chic, a Nigerian chic was in earshot.She later came to say hi.Then my sis yesterday told me the way her new Kenyan pal was hinting how much she would like to go clubbing in ATL esp since Thanksgiving is close.My sis was of course diplomatic and said that she wasnt going to be clubbing for a long time to come.I guess sometimes out here the fact that we are Kenyans should make us be close in some ways but also I have learned that it doesn mean that you have to be friends.Add to the fact that in nai I had very few close pals, I knew people but close pals were very few so I guess finding tight Kenyan pals here will be an uphill task.Oh well that's how life is.....

7 comments:

Spidey/Tato said...

finally i arrive somewhere first!!!!

Acolyte said...

@ Nick
Congrats!Now you'd better leave a comment of substance before I come after you!!!

Anonymous said...

Yani if we were married and I was sick, couldn't toka from the hse, and it was that time of the month, you wouldn't go and buy me some necessities(pads)???

Spidey/Tato said...

@Aco:aati comment of substance? sijawahi! i have never...hmmm so what u gonna do roomey? whats ur best shot? utado?
@Tj:u naughty thing you!i think the red robot would knock u blind blind before he is caught dead buyin em necessities. hee hee hee

Anonymous said...

@ nick
sleep with one eye open.....
@ tee j
if we were married i would ensure that those things would be bought wholesale so that you would never lack!
@ mutumia
you sick woman!!!Laughing at the suffering Tee J would like to put me thru!

Milonare said...

Hehehehe

Do I smell a roomie war?? hehehehehe

Wewe Aco, go buy Tee j some necessities!!!! LOLOL

Anonymous said...

@ milo
nah no war in here just a little scuffle thats all!I am sure that Tee J enjoys doin her own shopping when it comes to such things.