Sunday, September 18, 2005

Sunday

Good to be back after my short trip to ATL jana with the int'l club.We went to the Martin Luther Museum which was a deep experience.That man gave everything for the black cause.It is a shame there are no others who are coming up to guide the black race with the same wisdom and selflessness.Anyway we then went to have lunch at Underground ( full of overpriced tourist traps ) which was across the road from Coca Cola world.The Coke museum was so so but it was good to know what a good idea,persistence and some lucky breaks can get you.We also got to taste all kinds of Coke products from all over the globe.I got to taste Stoney (yay!) and all sorts of other brands.I did not bother to buy anything from the shop as most of their stuff was shamelessly over-priced.I think also at the back of my head I remembered how Coke in Kenya treats it's workers like crap all in the pursuit of profit esp since I have some pals who used to work there.
So the next stop was Stonebrook mall which was pretty sawa but the main thing is that most of the malls here are just full of clothes and shoe shops and of course the food courts.I came like this close to buying an i-pod but then realised that mpaka my first cheque comes in that I should forget about any aimless spending besides the price of that thing can pay my rent but me being the true bargain hunter can't resist the buy on get on free offer so I do have some extra tees and b-ball shorts for when I feel athletic, oh and a little ice for my ears!Oh I had an interesting experience on trip back, I was sitting in the second last row chokozaing an american mama who had decided to tag along with us tourists so we were somehow talking about sexuality and stuff.Oh yeah, I had given her the impression that I thought she was a lesbian and she was grilling me.So in the back row there were these 2 jamaas one on his cell and the other was listening in, and me who likes to talk trash once in a while blurted, "I like lesbians but gays suck!" So at this point the people began to laugh and the guy on the cell phone asks what I said and the rest said that he needn't have heard it.It is later that the chic whispered to me that the jamaa was gay.So I was like "oooops" got to learn to watch my mouth as in this society you do not know who is who and where your comments might get you.
I have just felt like a total idiot after making the 10 min walk in hot summer sun to the lib that I had forgotten the book that was taking me to the lib in the first plac e and had carried less needed books.
Oh thanks all for the advice.Good thing the chic has gone out of the town mpaka till Monday so I will update you as soon as I get to see her.And milonare imagine I do not know who stole your posts must be the blog spirits as maybe you had talked trash.Tee hee hee.Anyway let me get to masomo.

2 comments:

Milonare said...

Gai

Roomie is saying ati I talked matope mpaka pepos hamad with my comment LOL

I like visiting places that reveal instances of people overcoming the greatest odds...

I find stoney too bitter... That ka-you-must-be-lesbian line usually gets a mama trying to prove she's not thereby increasing a guys chances LOLOL was that the mpango???

Waiting to hear what happens when the other mama returns hehehehehe

Nakeel said...

Acolyte am laughing at you ..can see you are tempting women to prove they can rhyme with you lol... Ati u must be a les.. next time she will pin you down and prove it to u there by there...

On the soda thing just tell us u did not buy because as true Kenyan as u are you already had enough testing all types just like they flow the supermarkets when there is a juice or any drink promotion...